Many organic solvents can cause a fire or even explode if not handled properly. The mixture of solvent and air rapidly spreads as soon as it is burned. Large firepower can instantly ignite flammable objects and ignite where oxygen is plentiful (such as oxygen cylinder leaks), making it more fierce and burning some non-flammable substances. Explosions can even occur when flammable organic solvent vapors are mixed with air and reach a certain concentration range.
When using flammable organic solvents, note the following:
(1) Place the flammable liquid container in the lower reagent rack.
(2) Keep the container closed and open the lid of the closed container when the liquid needs to be dumped.
(3) Flammable organic solvents should be used where there is no source of ignition and in a well-ventilated area (eg fume hood), but not too much.
(4) Storage of flammable solvents, storage should be as much as possible to avoid danger.
(5) heating flammable liquid, it is best to use oil bath or water bath, shall not use open flame heating.
(6) The use of flammable organic solvents should pay special attention to the use of temperature and experimental conditions, Table 1 commonly used organic solvent ignition point, auto-ignition temperature, the concentration range of combustion.
(7) Combustion of a mixture of chemical gases and air can cause an explosion (eg, 3.25 grams of acetone gas burns equivalent to 10 grams of explosive), therefore caution must be exercised during the combustion test.
(8) In the process of using, the following common fire sources should be wary: open flame (bunsen burner, torch, oil lamp, fireplace, ignition flame and match), spark (power switch, friction), heat source Ovens, radiators, removable heaters, cigarettes), electrostatic charge.
KOUDX(Shanghai Koudx Industry Technology Co., Ltd.) is a professional provider of industrial safety and environmental protection solutions. Based on the concept of market and customer demand, our fire safety cabinet was developed in accordance with the standards of OSHA 29 CER 1910.106 and NFPA CODE30. It is widely used in petrochemical industry, industrial manufacturing, university laboratories, food industry, automobile industry manufacturing, new energy and other industries.
We sincerely hope that in the journey of KOUDX's continuous development and expansion, we will be able to get the full support of our distributor partners in China and abroad, and have more long-term strategic partners, development together and achieve a win-win situation. Welcome to contact us (86) 400-168-8090, you can visit our website www.koudx.com for the detail information.